Thursday, May 24, 2007

A taste of Easy Tiger

A taste of Easy Tiger.

I'm reviewing Ryan Adams' latest, Easy Tiger, for UR Chicago next month, so I don't really want to go into my thoughts about the disc at large. However Adams has released two tracks for public consumption to whet fans' appetites, and I can say they are indicative of the direction of the album as a whole.

I can also say that Adams has thankfully shed the Grateful Dead-isms that made his last few albums particularly painful to listen to. (Except for the tracks Rach sang on, I like those.)

And that's all I'm going to say for now.

MP3: Ryan Adams "Two"
MP3:
Ryan Adams "Everybody Knows"

UPDATE: My apologies. I didn't realize they lopped the last 30 seconds off each track, so please be warned that the songs cut off before they're finished. I usually won't post tracks that do that, but these slipped by.

No comments: